Well, not too much has happened lately. Haven't found a job yet. However a bunch of bands want me to record them, and I got a recording website launched here
, and a website design website here
. My recording website has samples of some of the stuff I have recorded for bands...I know nobody has read my blogger in at least six months (granted I've barely written in it)...but if anyone sees this, be sure to send any Ohio bands or someone who needs a website done my way!
In my last post, I mentioned visiting Michael Wagener's studio down in Nashville. I wrote about it back the day it happened on my message board (oh yeah I also neglected to mention BLS.net moving to www.SDMFworldwide.com)
Anyway here's what I wrote when I got back from the studio:
"Holy shit! His recordings of Ozzmosis are 5000 times better than the final one. and Mike Inez and Randy Castillo are playing on it, not Geezer or Deen. He A-Bed his version and the final, comparing them and his made the actual release sound like a fucking bad demo. Ozzy's vocals were 100 times better, Randy Castillo played circles around Deen....I can't believe the label changed it. Unbelievable. I will never hear that album the same again. Oh yeah, and we got the priveledge of hearing a completely unreleased Ozzy song called "Slow Burn"...it was a soft song and fucking awesome.
See You On The Other Side had a choir of girls singing on it and saxophone and everything, it was awesome. It totally sounded like No More Tears' production except totally better. Amazing. The songs they recorded were as follows:
1. Perry Mason
2. See You On The Other Side
4. Old L.A. Tonight
5. Living With The Enemy
7. Slow Burn"
Dumb survey I stole from Aje:
1. A song from the last record you bought.
Damageplan - Soul Bleed
2. A blues song; not necessarily from a blues record but a song that is categorized as blues.
AC/DC - Ride On
3. A song that reminds you of school days.
Tantric - I Don't Care
4. A song for those quiet rainy days.
Alice In Chains - Nutshell
5. An instrumental.
Metallica - Orion
6. A song that best describes what it's like to be in love.
With Every Light by Smashing Pumpkins has a cool uplifting feeling musically, don't know about lyrically.
7. One of the earliest songs that you can remember listening to.
Randy Travis - Diggin' Up Bones
8. A song that you discovered from a film.
AC/DC - Big Gun
9. A really good cover version you think no one else has heard.
Pride & Glory - Come Together
10. A song with the word 'Look' in the title.
Megadeth - Looking Down The Cross
11. Hugest bassline ever.
Black Sabbath - N.I.B.
12. A song not in english.
Megadeth - A Tout Le Monde (ok, so it's only half of the chorus that ain't in English...but FUCK YOU!)
13. A remix of one of your favorite songs.
Remixes are generally lame, considering the fact that they aren't really remixes, which would consist of remixing the original elements of the song, they mix in NEW elements, so what's the "RE" for?
14. Your favorite b-side or unreleased track.
Black Label Society - Bullet Inside Your Head
15. Your favorite Beatles cover.
Pride & Glory - Come Together
16. A non-classical song with an orchestra or strings (Metallica not allowed).
Zakk Wylde - Too Numb To Cry
17. A dedication song to someone you love.
Damageplan - Fuck You
18. "I wish I could sing/play/compose/whatever like the guy/gal in this song."
Drums like John Bonham. in ANY song.
19. A song that you feel best describes you.
Alice In Chains - Nutshell
20. A comedy/novelty song.
Anything on MTV.
Ok, Aje filled out this survey in her blogger, and since I have no life, I will too.
Kissed your cousin? Fuck no.
2. Ran away from home? I would pretend to when I was little but I wouldn't go far.
3. Pictured your crush naked? Who hasn't at one time or another?
4. Skipped school? Absolutely.
5. Broken someone's heart? No
6. Been in love? I think so
7. Cried when someone died? Yeah
8. Wanted someone you knew you couldn't have? Yeah
9. Broken a bone? Nope
10. Done something embarrassing? Yeah
11. Lied? Who hasn't? Even the Pope lies!!! that bastard!
12. Cried in school? Yup...I did frequently in college....good thing noone gave a shit when people put their heads down during a lecture
WHICH IS BETTER
13. Coke or Pepsi? Potato potata
14. Sprite or 7UP? Ain't it the same thing? I vote for Squirt
15. Girls or Guys? Chizicks
16. Flowers or Candy? I can't eat flowers, so candy.
17. Scruff or Clean shaved? Me? too lazy to shave often.
18. Blondes or Brunettes? It's all good.
19. Bitchy or Slutty? Well...sluts suck (literally, and figuratively speaking)....and ALL women are bitchy at times, even the slutty ones, so I chose bitchy, I guess.
20. Tall or Short? It's all good
21. Pants or Shorts? Pants
22. Night or Day? Nighttime...in the summer.
WITH THE OPPOSITE SAME SEX
23. What do you notice first? Looks, I guess. that's always the first thing people notice, unless of course you're Ray Charles.
24. Last person you slow danced with? Never have.
25. Worst Question To Ask? "Can you work overtime today?"
THE LAST TIME YOU...
26. Showered? This morning
27. Stepped outside? from the van to the house, after work
28. Had Sex? never
29. Romantic memory? what?
30. Your Good Luck Charm? I have no good luck charms. Coincidentally, I have no good luck either. Maybe I should consider getting a good luck charm. Anyone have one for sale?
31. Person You Hate Most? myself
32. Best Thing That Has Happened? I don't really know...things are so shitty on a daily basis, that when something remotely cool does happen, that is my best memory...even though to other people it's the lamest thing ever.
33. On your desk? Moniter/power strip, keyboard, mouse, empty drinking glass, the phone (even though nobody ever calls me), a cd rack, some stacked cds......another empty cup that must have been Delanea's earlier when I was at work, some blank cds....
34. Picture on your desktop? Anthrax live on Carson Daly
35. Color? Black
36. Movie? Back To The Future Trilogy, Forrest Gump, The Green Mile, South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut, Beavis & Butt-head Do America
37. Artist? no idea...
38. Cars? Chevy, mofo.
39. Ice Cream? It's all good.
40. Season? Whenever it's nice out....Spring, Summer, Fall....the sky is awesome on cold wintery nights sometimes, but it's just too fucking cold out to be out there unless you are a self-depreciating bastard trying to freeze to death like me.
41. Breakfast Food? Cinnamon Toast Crunch
42. Makes you laugh the most? Aje
43. Makes you smile? I don't really smile that often...I think I've forgotten how.
44. Can make you feel better no matter what? Aje
45. Has A Crush On You? That's never ever ever happened.
46. Do You Have A Crush On Someone? Ehh not really.
47. Who Has it easier: Guys.
48. Gives you A Funny Feeling When You See Them? How the fuck should I know....I am numb to...funny feelings...?
DO YOU EVER
49. Sit by the phone waiting for a phone call all night? Sometimes. It never comes though. it's always for someone else.
50. Save AIM conversations? I used to.
51. Save E-mails? Well, if they are important.....I used to save really meaningful ones but those never happen anymore
52. Forward secret E-mails? why would I tell you!? That's a secret! Shhhhhh!
53. Wish you were someone else? Not really
54. Wish you were a member of the opposite sex? Nope
55. Perfume? Do I ever perfume? what?!
56. Kiss? Never have
57. Cuddle? that'd be nice
58. Go online for longer than eight hours at a time? Yeah. Got anything better for me to do? bitch.
HAVE YOU EVER
59. Fallen for your best friend? Yeah.
60. Made out with JUST a friend? Never
61. Kissed two people in the same day? Ha!
62. Had sex with two different people in the same day? Hahahaha!
63. Been rejected? of course...
64. Been in love? goddamn fuckers and your repetitive questions
65. Been in lust? I dunno?
66. Used someone? No, not that I know of.
67. Been used? Yeah, almost all of the 'friends' I have ever had basically just used me...only time I saw them is when they needed a favor.
68. Cheated on someone? cheating on someone requires that you have to actually be in a relationship with someone...and then, having a relationship with another person at the same time. I have no chance in hell at having a relationship with one girl, let alone two!
69. Been cheated on? Duh, no.
70. Been kissed? No.
71. Done something you regret? Yeah
WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON...
72. You touched? Lucy, my dog. She's a person too!
73. You talked to? Delanea
74. You hugged? refer to question 72.
75. You instant messaged? Mike
76. You kissed? Never
77. You yelled at? People at work...but just joking, wasn't really yelling because I was pissed
78. You thought about? Aje, because I am reading her answers as I am typing over them.
79. Who text messaged you? ?!?!
80. Who broke your heart? I guess Adrianne...but that wasn't her fault...I set myself up for it.
81. Who told you they loved you? Hell...I haven't heard that in a long time.
82. Color your hair? No, I am content with myself, to hell with fake bullshit
83. Have tattoos? nope
84. Have piercings? nope
85. Have a boyfriend/girlfriend? no
86. Own a webcam? no
87. Own a thong? no
88. Ever get off the damn computer? yeah, when I go to work.
89. Sprechen Sie Deutsch? What?
90. Habla espanol? Taco, Burrito, Taco Supreme! Drop The Chalupa!
91. Quack? Who stepped on a duck?!
HAVE YOU / DO YOU / ARE YOU...
92. Stolen anything? Yes
93. Smoke? Never have
94. Schizophrenic? Sometimes...but, not really.
95. Obsessive? I obsess over stupidest things. but the stupidest things are all I have left, so fuck you!
96. Compulsive? I...dont know.?
97. Obsessive compulsive? I wash my hands a lot but not to the point that it affects my life.
98. Panic? Sometimes
99. Anxiety? Absolutely.
100. Depressed? Gee, let me think! but don't give me TOO much time to think, otherwise I might blow my head off. ;)